- Available Schemes
- User Management
- Additional Resources
- Useful Commands
- Project Expiration
|Available System(s) for Application
|Call for Project on ASPIRE 2A
|Research and Education
|Research: For stakeholder organisations only.
Education: For stakeholder organisations and all institutes of higher learnings (autonomous universities and polytechnics).
|Jul-cycle: 1 July to 30 June
Jan-cycle: 1 Jan to 31 Dec
|Call for Proposals for Fugaku Projects via National Supercomputing Centre Singapore
|Call for proposals to access Japan’s flagship supercomputer, Fugaku
|Open to all Singapore researchers from the academia.
For the addition or removal of users to an existing project, the applicant/owner/PI of the project should email [email protected] with the following information:
- Project ID
- NSCC user ID of the users
For the creation of an NSCC user account:
- For users from A*STAR, NUS, NTU, SUTD – Create an account via the NSCC User Portal. This is a self-service portal and your account will be created automatically and you may access the system via your organisation’s login nodes.
- For users from SIT, SMU, SP, TP – Create an account via the NSCC User Portal. Contact [email protected] with your NSCC user ID to request for VPN access.
- For all other users – Request for an account via https://new.nscc.sg. Note that the account request is subject to approval.
- First Name
For requests of additional resources after project approval, please email [email protected] with the following details:
- Project ID
- New resource request requested
- Reasons for the new request (e.g. how was the resources used, applications used etc.)
- Calculations of the requested resource
- Utilisation plan over the remaining months till the end of the project cycle
- Deliverables achieved as of now
Please note that the lead time will be around 2 to 3 months depending on the scale of the request.
myquota : To check the storage usage for user’s personal home and scratch directory.
myquota -p <project id> : To check the storage usage of a project.
myprojects : To check the usage for all projects that user belongs to.
myusage : To check the user’s usage statistics over the past week, month and since system started.
myusage <project id> : To check the project’s usage statistics over the past week, month and since system started.
Projects that are not renewed will expire by the end of the project cycle. Renewal application should be submitted for project extending beyond the project end date.
- Project quota will be set to zero (0) hours and no jobs will be dispatched.
- All project data will remain in the system for one month.
- After one month, all project data will be archived.
- All archived data will be retained for 5 months from the date of archival (a total of 6 months from the end date of project).
- A charge of $0.022/GB will be imposed for retrieval of archived data.
Please plan your resource utilisation wisely and use your allocated resources as early as possible to avoid encountering resource bottlenecks towards the end of the project cycle.
- The applicant will be notified of the project approval status before the start of the resource allocation period.
- Projects that have been granted resources are obliged to acknowledge NSCC in any published work. A sample of the text can be found in the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP); which details can be found below.
Citation: All academic journal or conference papers shall cite NSCC with the following:
“The computational work for this article was (fully/partially) performed on resources of the National Supercomputing Centre, Singapore (https://www.nscc.sg).”
- Users are required to update a brief report of deliverables achieved from utilising NSCC’s resources on the Projects Portal at the end of the project. For projects not submitted through the Projects Portal, submit your deliverables report through the Deliverables Report Submission Site.
- Member(s) of accepted projects may be selected for an oral presentation, be required to do a poster presentation or submit a paper of their project at NSCC’s annual SupercomputingAsia (SCA) conference or its technical arm, Supercomputing Frontiers Asia (SCFA), in Singapore.
Updated 26 December 2023