|Schemes||Purpose||Eligibility||Application Period(s)||Allocation Period(s)|
|Call for Research Project||Research||For stakeholder institutes only.||March (Jul-cycle);|
|Jul-cycle: 1 July to 30 June;|
Jan-cycle: 1 Jan to 31 Dec
|Call for Educational HPC Project||Teaching modules, workshops, competitions, project-based modules||For all institutes of higher learnings (autonomous universities and polytechnics).||April and|
|HPC Resources for COVID-19 Research||Research related to COVID-19||Open to all||6-months to 1-year|
|Open Calls from Japanese HPCI||1. Urgent Call for Fighting against COVID-19|
2. Call for proposals for research projects using the HPCI System in FY2021
3. Call for Startup Preparation Projects for Japan’s Fugaku Supercomputer
|Open to all||As stated||As stated|
For the addition or removal of users to an existing project, the applicant/owner/PI of the project should email [email protected] with the following information:
- Project ID
- NSCC user ID of the users
For the creation of an NSCC user account:
- For users from A*STAR, NUS, NTU, SUTD, TCOMS, SMU, SP, TP – Create an account via the NSCC User Portal.
- For all other users – The PI/applicant of an existing project may email [email protected] with the following details to sponsor the creation of an external account:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred User ID (limited to 8 characters)
- Official Email
- Organisation Name
- Contact Number
- NSCC Project ID
- For external users without an existing project – Contact [email protected] for more information.
For requests of additional resources after project approval, please email [email protected] with the following details:
- Project ID
- New resource request requested
- Reasons for the new request (e.g. how was the resources used, applications used etc.)
- Calculations of the requested resource
- Utilisation plan over the remaining months till the end of the project cycle
- Deliverables achieved as of now
Please note that the lead time will be around 2 to 4 weeks.
myquota : To check the storage usage for user’s personal home and scratch directory.
myquota -p <project id> : To check the storage usage of a project.
myprojects : To check the usage for all projects that user belongs to.
myusage : To check the user’s usage statistics over the past week, month and since system started.
myusage <project id> : To check the project’s usage statistics over the past week, month and since system started.
- The applicant will be notified of the project approval status before the start of the resource allocation period.
- Projects that have been granted resources are obliged to acknowledge NSCC in any published work. A sample of the text can be found in the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP); which details can be found below.
Citation: All academic journal or conference papers shall cite NSCC with the following:
“The computational work for this article was (fully/partially) performed on resources of the National Supercomputing Centre, Singapore (https://www.nscc.sg).”
- Users are required to update a brief report of deliverables achieved from utilising NSCC’s resources on the Projects Portal at the end of the project.
- Member(s) of accepted projects may be selected for an oral presentation, be required to do a poster presentation or submit a paper of their project at NSCC’s annual SupercomputingAsia (SCA) conference or its technical arm, Supercomputing Frontiers Asia (SCFA), in Singapore.
Updated 19 February 2021